Pickleball has become a widely popular game of late.
Even when I was growing up, it was gaining swift momentum with the families in my neighborhood hosting weekly pickleball contests, and mine throwing it on every other weekend.
I literally grew up in a family of passionate pickleball players who instilled the spirit of the game in me.
As a former sports goods owner, I really was able to learn a lot about the things that significantly helped you with the game apart from skills alone. And, an essential part of it all is how to maintain and carry your sports gear well.
Choosing the right carrier bag for your pickleball gear not only serves the obvious utilitarian purpose, but it also ensures that they are neatly organized and kept well for that crucial upcoming match. So how does one select the right pickleball bag?
Hey, I’m Russell Penney, and today I’ll be telling you about some of the best pickleball bags ever! Keep reading the space below to know all about them!
Top 4 Best Pickleball Bags
1. Franklin Sports Pickleball Sling Bag
The Franklin Sports Pickleball Sling Bag is snugly compact and just the right fit for holding your pickleball paddles and balls neatly in separate compartments, without being bulky. With a superior build and design, this one’s definitely a great “carrier” alternative for your pickleball essentials!
- Comes with extra large pockets and “inverted weather-resistant zipper pulls” to capacitate all your requirements in a well-organized way.
- Can hold up to 6 paddles, X-40 performance pickleballs, and all associated accessories and gear.
- Features a comfortable and adjustable mesh and fabric shoulder strap for ease and comfort, preventing unnecessary strain on your shoulders.
- Includes a “dual padded cell phone and key storage” and a “built-in fence hook” inside the largest pocket.
This pickleball sling bag is indeed one of the best ones that offer all the advantages of a good sports sling bag. With extra large pockets and weather-resistant zip protections, the bag ensures complete management of your sports gear so that you don’t have to put things in selectively. It can hold up to 6 paddles which means quite a substantial space in there.
The mesh and fabric shoulders straps ensure that there’s no straining, providing additional support and comfort for your back and shoulder muscles. But, I’d rather it had at least two straps for better support and weight distribution.
The fence hook is another functional feature on this, and the pocket for wallet and keys really helps with the smaller things.
The bag is pretty durable and offers attractive colors in black, gray and pink to suit your style on the court.Pros
- Comfortable and spacious
- Durably built and appropriately designed for pickleball gear
- Good color options
- Bottle holder isn’t of much use.
2. Franklin Sports Deluxe Competition Pickleball Backpack Bag
And for my second product for the list, I’m going to go with this amazing backpack from Franklin itself. The Deluxe Competition Pickleball Backpack Bag from the brand is one of the most durable and spacious carriers for your sports gear. This is definitely the kind of backpack that lets you take all your belongings at once and reduces the chances of missing out on anything.
- Zippered compartments allow enough room for storing all your gear and other essentials
- Includes finely lined pockets with soft fabric to hold delicate objects
- Comfortably padded shoulders straps to ease strain and pressure on your back and shoulders.
- Fence-hook for additional storage facility.
The backpack comes with plenty of space to hold your paddles and pickleballs. It also features a zippered slot for containing other essentials like a change of clothes, a towel or extra gear. My brother uses this bag so I know how it works and I’ve only used this on one instance.
The external storage units on the bag have room for 1 extra paddle and your water bottle. The valuables pocket includes a lining of soft fabric for holding objects like cellphone, sunglasses, keys, etc. And the built-in fence hook gives you a bit of extra storage for urgent requirements on the court.
It has a very durable and enduring finish overall that makes it exceedingly resistant to weather and the onslaughts of regular usage. The padded shoulder straps provide you all the comfort and ease you need when there’s too much in the bag to carry.
One of the things that I think could’ve been better with it though is the quality of the zippers. They tend to snag a bit, and it’s better not to overload the bag and put a lot of weight on the zippers.
There’s also a separate compartment at the bottom to store your shoes, but that might be a bit too small even for standard ones.Pros
- Spacious and durable
- Neatly allocated compartments for keeping your things well-organized
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Zippers could’ve been better.
3. Pickleball Fanatic Duffel Bag
This one’s a great duffel bag for storing all your pickleball gear. This multi-purpose bag comes with comfortable handles so that you can easily carry it by hand or on your shoulder. It is a heavy-duty duffel bag that’s designed to capacitate a lot of things without getting bulky for one to carry it around.
- Considerably spacious for holding gear and clothes; and comes with a separate compartment for shoes.
- Features 3 neat zippered outer storage compartments for additional easily accessible space requirements
- Includes water bottle pocket with a cinched drawstring feature and padded shoulders straps for comfort.
I’ve been using this particular duffel bag for a little over a month now. And in my opinion, the quality is great. It is highly durable given the fact I’ve thrown it around on the ground so many times, and it hasn’t torn up even a bit, as of yet. The shoe compartment really comes in hugely beneficial and functional for storing the dirty athletic shoes after the match, keeping it away from the rest of your belongings.
The outer pockets for holding your valuables are really helpful for storing things quickly and then retrieving it without having to open the entire bag. The smaller mesh pocket is good for keeping skin care or smaller objects.
The bag can accommodate your clothes and towels easily along with your paddles and balls.
However, one of the things that I do find a bit difficult to manage are the shoulder straps and the handles on it. Although they are well-padded for comfort and ease of movement, I feel that they aren’t correctly placed on the bag. When you carry it on the shoulder, all the weight seems to shift to a side making it unevenly bulging on that side. This is the only complaint I have about it. But the rest is amply fine and manageable.Pros
- Exceedingly durable and well-stitched
- Can carry a lot of things
- Functional, zippered outer pockets
- Separate compartment for shoes
- Shoulder straps could have been better
4. Maggie Mather Pickleball Paddle Tote
The Maggie Mather Pickleball Tote is a hot favorite amongst female players of all ages. This is everything that you would want in a trendy tote which you could use for carrying all your pickleball gear with style and ease on the court.
- Awesome style and water-repellent finish with a contrasting zebra-striped interior.
- Features 8 functional storage slots for all your gear and other essentials.
- Versatile and functional design that could be used off-court for other purposes as well.
This one’s a favorite with one of my pickleball playmates, and my wife bought it only recently as well, making it reason enough for me to write a review on.
The tote comes with 2 large front pockets, 2 paddle pockets and 2 side pockets, 1 back zipper pocket and one on the inside. The entire exterior is water-repellent and durable with a lasting finish.
The interior has a contrasting zebra-print design that looks brilliant. The bag is spacious enough to carry your paddles, balls and other essentials. However, it is not big enough to hold a change of clothes or a lot of things like the backpack or duffel I reviewed earlier can. It could still easily contain your skin care, sunshades, water bottle, cell phone, wallet, and keys.
You can also use this tote for other purposes. And it goes really well with any outfit and provides all the room you need to store your regular things.Pros
- Waterproof and durable
- Can be used off-court as a regular tote as well
- Looks amazing
- Limited space (cannot carry additional gear or clothes)
Pickleball Bags Buyers’ Guide
Do consider looking for the following things while buying a bag for pickleball gear:
This is the most important thing while buying a pickleball bag or any bag for storing your sports gear, for that matter. And you do need a lot of it! But make sure it has a compact design so that it doesn’t feel bulky.
An essential thing to consider while getting a bag for sports accessories is it’s material. It has got to be tough, weather-resistant and exceedingly durable. Go for polyester as it can really serve well, is lightweight and cheaper than nylon. Do not go for fabric whatsoever as it will rip easily.
The carrying straps should, by all means, be comfortable and adjustable. It shouldn’t put a strain on your shoulders and back and should help you carry the weight easily.
This mostly depends on personal preference and how much you want to carry. Backpacks and duffels can take a lot more than slings, totes or handbags. However, slings and totes will be a lot more accessible than backpacks when it comes to quickly retrieving things.
So this was all about what I think are some of the best bags for pickleball gear.
I hope you enjoyed the guide and know how to get the perfect one for yourself, by now.
Check these below review done by me