Top 8 Pickleball ShoesAll of our best pickleball shoes reviews focus on how the shoe performs in comfort, durability and wear-and-tear tests. Our reviewers favored lightweight shoes, that remained extremely durable and stable underfoot. However, there really is something for everyone on our top 8 best pickleball shoes list – and the great thing is, each shoe is available for both men and women.
1. Adidas Barricade Pickleball ShoesTopping our list at number one on our best pickleball shoes guide are the famous Adidas Barricade court shoes. Known for their formidable stability and durability, the Adidas Barricade’s are brilliant court shoes that are well suited for pickleball. The Barricade’s conform naturally to your foot and feature a forged mesh-upper that improves comfortability. With excellent stability and durability at toe and sole, these brilliant Adidas court shoes are a great option.
- Hard-wearing sole takes hours upon hours of hard-court action without wearing
- Mesh-upper combines with stable, durable sole and toe-support provide stability, with a lightweight feel
- Shoes scores extremely well in durability, stability, and traction tests helping to minimize the risk of injury
2. K-Swiss Hypercourt Express 2 Pickleball ShoesThe K-Swiss Hypercourt Express 2 Court Shoes come second on our best pickleball shoes list. These court shoes are renowned for their strong durability and utmost comfort and ventilation. What’s more, the K-Swiss sole’s GlideGuide technology create super-sticky outsole traction which helps to provide more support and stability when hitting shots on the move.
- K-Swiss GuideGlide technology prevents slippage and delivers excellent traction on-court
- Excellent comfort, very breathable shoes with strong arch support
- Lightweight, giving a feeling of fast movement across court
3. New Balance 696V3 Hard Court Pickleball ShoesThe next shoe on our best pickleball shoes list is the New Balance 696V3 court shoe. This is a classic tennis shoe that provides a no-nonsense, classic fit with excellent feel and support.
- Synthetic leather upper creates a lightweight, breathable court shoe
- NDurance rubber sole provides grip and stability underfoot and removes the risk of slippage
- Great all-round court shoes that are suitable for any pickleball player
4. Asics Gel-Resolution 7 Pickleball ShoesThe next shoe on our best pickleball shoes list is the Asics Gel-Resolution 7 court shoes. These shoes are known for their brilliant durability, stability and comfort scores that create a snug fit that protects the foot and ankle. These pickleball shoes really are top of the line if you play a demanding, fast pace of pickleball.
- Hard-wearing pickleball shoes featuring PGuard to support and a Personal Heel Fit collar
- Trusstic System through midfoot provide excellent stability and avoid the shoe from twisting or flexing under strain
- Extremely comfortable pickleball shoes with FlexionFit Tru wrap technology
5. Nike Air Zoom Vapor X Pickleball ShoesThe Nike Air Zoom Vapor X court shoes are Nike’s latest version of their court shoe Vapor line. Like Vapor court shoes of the past, the Vapor X from Nike is one of the most comfortable shoes on the market, regularly scoring 5-star in comfortability tests. Featuring Nike’s new Dynamic Fit System, the Vapor X is a brilliant choice for anyone looking for a lightweight, luxurious court shoe.
- Supremely comfortable, with a lightweight, luxury feel
- Contains Nike’s Dynamic Fit open mesh upper, holds the foot fell and creates excellent breathability
- Look great on court, very stylish pickleball shoes
6. Prince T22 Hard Court Pickleball ShoesThe Prince T22 Hard Court shoe is a classic amongst hard court veterans who have relied on these shoes for years. If you’re looking for a hard-wearing, comfortable pickleball shoe that you can rely on, then Prince T22’s won’t let you down.
- Extremely durable and comfortable pickleball shoes
- ShockEraser heel technology that absorbs impact and protects the foot
- Great ventilation thanks to breathable mesh upper
7. Head Revolt Pro 3.0 Pickleball ShoesThe Head Revolt 3.0 court shoes are another great lightweight option for anyone who likes a comfortable, lightweight shoe when playing pickleball. packed full of technology, the Head Revolt 3.0 is designed to give you an excellent feeling of stability on-court.
- Lightweight pickleball shoes that are supportive and offer excellent cushioning
- Breathable upper mesh construction with excellent ventilation in the midsole
- TRI N-R-G support helps provide a solid base when springing from shots and changing direction quickly
8. Saucony Grid Stratos 5 Pickleball ShoesWhile not strictly a pickleball shoe or traditional court shoe, the Saucony Grid Stratos 5’s are worth a mention as excellent running shoes which offer a great option for relaxed pickleball players. health and exercise benefits, these shoes are a great all-around option. The outsole is made from a XT-600 rubber compound which is very durable on-court and while road running. The midsole contains a Heel GRID system that is designed to provide heel cushioning even under heavy strain and the injection-molded EVA foam contains your feet and wears quickly into a customized feeling and fit. The shoes upper is made from a breathable mesh, that is both comfortable and extremely lightweight. While not the most conventional of picks on the best pickleball shoes list, the Saucony Grid Stratos 5 shoes offer a great alternative to a more traditional court shoe that will perform on-court and when carrying out different types of exercise. Standout Features
- Great all-round exercise shoe that can be used for running, as well as a relaxed game of pickleball
- Lightweight shoe with breathable mesh and excellent heel support
- Durable XT-600 rubber sole which outperforms most traditional running shoes
Pickleball Shoes Buying GuideFind the best pickleball shoes is never an easy task. There are literally hundreds of shoes spread across dozens of brands, each with various benefits and disadvantages. That’s why we have created our pickleball shoes buying guide to give you the best steer possible when deciding on which pickleball shoes you should invest in next.
CushioningSince a pickleball player has to jump every other minute tackling unexpected shots and covering variable hit ranges, it is imperative to have proper cushioning within the shoe. Not only does it provide the required comfort but it also prevents sprains or tears caused by sudden impacts.
TractionFor playing pickleball indoors or on slippery grounds, you need to get shoes with proper traction which keeps a check on the friction in the shoes, preventing slippage and accidents. Shoes for such purposes usually come with traction creating materials like rubber within them.
FlexibilityIt would be way more problematic than you think it might be if you ended up with a shoe with rigid soles. If your shoe isn’t flexible enough, you won’t be able to move or jump at the required moment, missing almost all of your hits. Better to go for something that can flex upto 90 degrees. Also, you may end up tripping and injuring yourself due to rigid shoes while playing.
Shock AbsorptionIt is strictly advisable for everyone to opt for pickleball or tennis shoe that consists of proper shock-absorbing materials such as soft pads or gels. Jumping and running can put immense strain on your knees. Shock-absorbing shoes can efficiently prevent damage caused by sudden impacts.
BreathabilityIt is always a good idea to get a pair that keeps the feet sweat-free, especially during long and extensive hours of intense matches. Breathable mesh layers facilitate proper ventilation, keeping you feeling fresh all day and could help to increase efficiency.
DurabilityNever compromise on the quality of sport shoes be it regarding pickleball matches or other games. Durable shoes will allow you ease of movement, better grip and high endurance on the court. Standard pickleball shoes may last upto 5 years, but it will depend on how and where you use them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Pickleball Shoes?
Pickleball shoes are very similar to the court shoes used in tennis. They are designed for durability, breathability and to be lightweight on-court. The best pickleball shoes will have a durable and hard-wearing sole and toe support. They will be lightweight, offer exceptional cushioning in the midsole and have a breathable upper. If you are looking for the best pickleball shoes, check out our shoe guide here at PickyPickleball.com.
What are the best Pickleball Shoes?
There are some great brands operating in the pickleball shoes market. These include tennis-heavyweights like Head, Nike and K-Swiss. Here at PickyPickleball.com we compare and review all of the best pickleball shoes so that you can make an informed decision on the next pickleball shoes to buy. Note that every player is different, some players will like a breathable light-weight shoe, while others will want something more hard-wearing.
What are the benefits of Pickleball Shoes?
Buying proper pickleball or court shoes is a sensible decision if you play a lot of pickleball. Unlike normal running shoes, pickleball shoes have a hard-wearing sole and toe support. This ensures that you get much more wear out of your court shoes before needing to buy again. What’s more, pickleball shoes have better support and cushioning in the midsole, which will protect you against injury. Likewise, good pickleball shoes will be breathable and comfortable to play in for long periods.
How long do Pickleball Shoes last for?
That depends on how heavy you play, and how much you use your pickleball shoes. On average, you should get more than 6 months of heavy use out of the best pickleball shoes before you need to consider getting a new pair. With that said, some pickleball shoes can last up to 12 months or longer. For recreational players, you should be able to get 12-24 months of good use out of your court shoes.