Top 5 Elongated Pickleball PaddlesGet ahead on-court by selecting one of these amazing elongated pickleball paddles. We check out 5 of the top elongated paddles around, giving you all the information you need to make a smart buying decision.
1. Selkirk AMPED Invikta X5 FiberFlex Pickleball PaddleTopping our best elongated pickleball paddles list is the Selkirk AMPED Invikta X5 FiberFlex Pickleball Paddle. The epic Invikta X5 is a middle-heavyweight paddle that was developed in association with national champion, Tyson McGuffin. Not only does it pack a punch, but it also maximizes reach, provides power and gives you great touch at the net.
- Developed in association with National Pickleball Champion, Tylor McGuffin
- Large sweet spot, excellent movability and long reach
- Fiberglass paddle face, with polymer core – excellent for controlling any shot type
2. Selkirk AMPED Omni X5 FiberFlex Pickleball PaddleSecond on our elongated pickleball paddles list is another Selkirk model, the Selkirk AMPED Omni X5 FiberFlex. Like the Invikta X5, the Omni X5 also features a fiberglass paddle face, with a polymer honeycomb core. grip preference. If you like to place fingers up on the paddle, we prefer the Omni’s shorter grip. However, if you like to grip the handle tight and perhaps use two-hands, the Invikta wins it. Other than that, the Omni X5 is an awesome paddle for all of the same reasons as the Invikta. The paddle allows players to smash the ball, cushion defensive shots, and spin the pickleball ball with ease. The Omni X5 is available in a host of exciting colors and looks great on-court. Retailing at $149.99, the Omni X5 paddle is at the more expensive end of the market – but we’re sure you’ll love the investment once you start hitting balls. Standout Features
- Shorter grip length with more hitting surface than the Invikta X5
- Fiberglass face, with polymer core means shots pop off the paddle with power and precision
- Large sweet spot and hitting area
3. GAMMA Needle Graphite Pickleball PaddleNext on our elongated pickleball paddle list is the GAMMA Needle Graphite Pickleball Paddle, which we also named our best small grip paddle. The GAMMA Needle looks great, is built to maximize comfort, reach and control.
- Long, slim paddle face increase movability on-court
- Sensa Poly Core absorbs shock, while graphite paddle face provides added ‘pop’ to your shots
- Affordable price point for a great performing elongated pickleball paddle
4. Pro-Lite Rebel PowerSpin Composite Pickleball PaddleThe Pro-Lite Rebel PowerSpin is the outcast on our elongated pickleball paddle list. And not in a bad way. The Pro-Lite Rebel is constructed using Pro-Lite’s Quadcore (TM) polymer core technology – making it highly durable, and excellent for producing power and spin.
- Long paddle, measuring 16″ in length
- Includes Pro-Lite’s Quadcore (TM) polymer core technology – increasing power, control, and spin
- Quiet pickleball paddle that absorbs shock and is easy to move with
5. Poach Extreme Pickleball PaddleLast but not least, the Poach Extreme Pickleball Paddle comes fifth on our elongated pickleball paddle list. This paddle contains technology you won’t find elsewhere, with a 6-layer paddle face and a Control Pro “Black” polymer core you need to consider this paddle.
- 17″ paddle length and 7″ paddle width provide excellent reach and whip on power shots
- 6-layer composite paddle face give ‘pop’ off the paddle face, while the lightly textured outer layer add spin
- Beautifully designed paddle that looks great in any color option
Elongated Pickleball Paddles Buying GuideNow that we have covered off our top 5 elongated pickleball paddles list, we turn our attention to our elongated paddle buying guide. The purpose of this guide is to give you the reasons for purchasing an elongated pickleball paddle, over and above standard-sized pickleball paddles. We take a look first at the advantages and disadvantages of elongated pickleball paddles.
Elongated Pickleball Paddle: BenefitsWhen it comes to picking out the benefits of elongated paddles over standard-sized paddles, there are a couple of key things to mention. Firstly, oversized paddles are great for improving reach on-court. If you are someone who wants to be able to reach that extra 5-6″ to retrieve a ball, or like to smash above your head then an oversized pickleball paddle is probably right for you. On top of this, elongated paddles create more whip when playing power shots and also give you a larger sweet spot to control the ball from.
Elongated Pickleball Paddle: DisadvantagesOn the flip side, elongated pickleball paddles do force you to sacrifice other attributes. Oversized paddles are larger standard-sized paddle. That means you will get more resistance than you would do swinging a normal-sized paddle. On top of this, they tend to be heavier than their smaller counterparts. As such, you do sacrifice some mobility on-court playing with an oversized paddle. For anyone who likes lightweight, small grip paddles make sure that you pick an oversized paddle that is not too top-heavy as this will be detrimental to your play. Opt for a lighter paddle like the GAMMA Needle.
WeightAs we’ve mentioned, the weight of your oversized paddle will likely be greater than the standard-sized equivalent. Make sure you consider this before buying. If you are a player who prides themselves on speed around the court, then consider how an oversized paddle will impact you. Likewise, if you like wide paddles, then the longer face will combine to create more drag when you swing the paddle. This shouldn’t put you off an oversized pickleball paddle, but it’s always good to be aware of the drawbacks when buying.
PriceLast off, consider price before you buy. Due to the larger size of the oversized pickleball paddle, elongated paddles are often more expensive. Take the Selkirk oversized AMPED Paddles, they retail at close to $150.00. While this shouldn’t put you off if you’re comfortable investing in a great paddle, this does mean you’re paying more money for a paddle that you can get for less money in a smaller size. If you’re looking for cheap pickleball paddles, there are additional options for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Elongated Pickleball Paddles?
Elongated pickleball paddles are paddles that have a longer paddle length, and traditionally an oversized or long pickleball paddle face.The overarching reason that players opt for an oversized or elongated pickleball paddle is that it extends reach, and allows you to get more purchase over the ball when playing spin or roll shots. Some of the best brands in pickleball supply elongated pickleball paddles, including GAMMA and Selkirk.
What are the best Elongated Pickleball Paddles?
There are some brilliant pickleball paddles in the elongated category. Selkirk recently launched their AMPED range which includes a number of amazing elongated pickleball paddles like the Invikta X5 and the Omnia X5. Likewise, GAMMA have some great paddles like the well-known GAMMA Needle which gives outstanding reach on-court. To find out our picks on the best elongated pickleball paddles, check out our top guide.
How long are Elongated Pickleball Paddles?
Elongated pickleball paddles are typically around 16-17” in length. Some elongated pickleball paddles also include a longer than average paddle handle measuring around 6” in length. Depending on your playing style, there are some great options in the elongated paddle category that offer short and long paddle handles.
What are the benefits of Elongated Pickleball Paddles?
The main benefits of elongated pickleball paddles are that they extend reach. If you are a strategic player who likes to play close to the net, using an elongated paddle will give you extra reach to get to difficult shots. Likewise, if you like to play with power from anywhere on-court, elongated pickleball paddles will give you more purchase and leverage over the pickleball. This will allow you to apply more power, spin, control and swerve over the ball.