Top 6 Onix Pickleball PaddlesCheck out our guide to the best Onix Pickleball Paddles available in 2020. We comprehensively test every single pickleball paddle to establish which paddles truly are 5-star. In our opinion, as one of the top pickleball manufacturers around, you really can’t go too far wrong when choosing an Onix pickleball paddle, whether you buy as a beginner, intermediate or pro player.
1. Onix Z5 Graphite Pickleball PaddleThe Onix Z5 Graphite Pickleball Paddle is our favorite pickleball paddle period. This versatile pickleball paddle is available in graphite and composite variations, features an oversized sweet spot, brilliant balance, and an extra-wide hitting surface and sweet spot. The Onix Z5 Graphite Pickleball Paddle is used by top pro’s winning championships, and by those just getting started in the game. pickleball ball back over the net with venom, precision and accuracy. The graphite versions Nomex core is strong and reactive, helping to create a paddle that is easy to move with, strong and aerodynamic. The Z5 Graphite weighs between 7.5 – 8.2 ounces and will give you a great mix of power and maneuverability on-court. Available with the same dimensions, the Onix Z5 Composite Pickleball Paddle weighs slightly more than the graphite paddle. The composite paddle weighs between 8.4 – 9.2 ounces giving you extra punch when hitting smash shots from the back of the court. The Z5 Composite has a screen printed design, over a fiberglass face which plays slightly differently to the graphite paddle – providing ‘pop’ off the paddle, but delivering the touch and control associated with composite pickleball paddles. The Onix Z5 measures 8-1/8″ across the paddle face, and has a 5″ long handle. The paddle is protected by a 1/4″ edge guard which overlaps onto the Z5’s paddle face to protect the paddle, in which the grip size is considered medium and comfortable. This Z5 is reasonably priced across the graphite and composite models, and can be picked up for under $100. With this sort of value, mixed with the epic way that the Z5 plays on-court, it’s hard to look past as the best Onix pickleball paddle. Standout Features
- Wide paddle surface creates an oversized ‘sweet spot’
- Available in graphite and composite versions, suiting all player types
- Considered our best pickleball paddle, and lives up to its name as a 5-star pickleball paddle
2. Onix Evoke Graphite Pickleball Paddle (Teardrop Shape)Second on our best Onix Pickleball Paddles guide is the Onix Evoke Graphite Pickleball Paddle with unique teardrop design. Unlike the Onix Z5, the Evoke contains a polymer core that packs a different punch when compared to other Onix paddles. This polymer core is known to create power while dampening even the most aggressive opponent play. quieter pickleball paddle than the graphite version as the fiberglass face and polymer core create less noise and absorb more sound than the Graphite Evoke (with that said, both models contain a sound muffling honeycomb polymer core). The paddles have a 5 1/2″ handle length which is longer than most, this gives you more reach around the net, and allows you to get high over the pickleball ball from the back of the court to swerve and spin the ball. Again, priced under $100, the Onix Evoke Pickleball Paddle provides excellent value for money. Standout Features
- The perfect paddle for anyone who likes a light pickleball paddle, with a large paddle surface
- Iconic red edge-guard looks great and sets the paddle apart
- Excellent value for money and available in graphite and composite versions
3. Onix React Graphite Pickleball PaddleThird on our best Onix Pickleball Paddles list is the Onix React Graphite Pickleball Paddle. The Onix React is packed full of the latest Onix pickleball technology. Emblazoned with the iconic Onix branding screen printed onto the electric yellow paddle face, this is the paddle for anyone who wants to stand out on-court.
- Onix Fusion Polypropylene Core with Nomex inset provides power, speed, and control
- Excellent paddle dimensions which give a similar feel to the popular Onix Z5
- Awesome paddle design, built to stand out
4. Onix Outbreak Pickleball PaddleThe Onix Outbreak is the popular wideboy pickleball paddle option from Onix and fourth on our best Onix pickleball paddles list. Built with Onix’s TexTreme technology, the Outbreak features a reinforced graphite face and polypropylene core that delivers power, without increasing weight.
- Wideboy 8 1/8″ paddle face features reinforced graphite TexTreme technology
- Polypropylene core helps to create power and defuse opponent play, without adding weight
- Paddle looks great on-court, three awesome paddle colors available
5. Onix Voyager Pro Pickleball PaddleThe Onix Voyager Pro runs very closely alongside the Onix Outbreak. Containing similar dimension and attributes the Voyager Pro’s thick polypropylene core that takes impact out of ball-striking, while still giving you the power needed to beat opponents from the baseline. For a lighter weight paddle, with a big hitting-surface and a low impact connection with the ball, the Voyager Pro is a runaway winner.
- Wideboy 8 1/4″ paddle surface with thick polypropylene core, lightweight paddle that packs a punch
- Great paddle dimensions which give you balance with the paddle in hand
- Heavier version available (Onix Voyager Pickleball Paddle) with heavier paddle weight (8.2 – 8.6 ounces)
6. Onix Stryker 4 Graphite Pickleball PaddleThe Onix Stryker 4 Graphite Pickleball Paddle completes our best Onix pickleball paddles list. The Onix Stryker 4 is the updated version of the original Stryker paddle and is one of Onix’s lightweight options. Packing a powerful punch, the Stryker 4 is well worth considering if you light to play light, fast and hard.
- Lightweight paddle with an average paddle weight of 7.2 ounces
- Graphite face, with a polymer honeycomb core, provides power and precision at lighter paddle weight
- Affordable price point offers excellent value for money
Onix Pro-Choice Pickleball Paddle
Onix Evoke Premier Composite Pickleball PaddleThe Onix Evoke Premier Composite Pickleball Paddle is the paddle of choice for many of Onix’s pro players. The Onix Evoke features a specially designed Atomic13 Edge Guard that creates a slim, durable paddle edge, that importantly gets out the way of quick, powerful pickleball play. Used (and partially developed) by pro’s like Lucy Kovalova and Matt Wright, the Onix Evoke Premier Composite paddle is a more expensive option but one you should consider if you want to take your game to the next level.
- If you want to play like a pro, choose the Evoke Premier
- Atomic13 slim edge guard, excellent paddle dimensions and DF composite face
- Expensive price point for beginner players, but will give you excellent performance on-court
Onix Pickleball Paddles Buying GuideNow we have completed our list of the best Onix pickleball paddles, it’s time to turn our attentions to Onix pickleball, and what makes them such a great pickleball equipment brand. Onix were founded in 2005, and have exploded into a powerhouse of the pickleball arena. Known for classic paddles like the Onix Z5, Onix React and the popular Stryker series, Onix pickleball paddles are used by pro players and pickleball enthusiasts alike. To find out more about what makes Onix pickleball equipment so good, check out our Onix pickleball buying guide.
Onix Pro PlayersSome of the top pro players using Onix pickleball paddles are Kris Anderson, Matt Wright, Wes Gabrielson, and phenomenal new-comer Lucy Kovalova. In fact, Kris Anderson used the Onix Evoke Premier to win the 2019 US Open Championships, after previously winning the 2018 US Open Championship and scoring gold in the 2018 Tournament of Champions. Likewise, Lucy Kolalova won the 2018 Women’s Triple Crown with the Onix Evoke Premier and is a huge advocate of the brand. Like Kris and Lucy, Matt Wright also uses the Evoke Premier while Web Gabrielson uses the Onix Voyager Pro paddle. Other notable pro’s using Onix pickleball paddles are Byron Freso, Jim Hackenberg, Bonnie Williams, and Steve Cole. With this lineup, you can safely say Onix leads the way as one of the best pickleball paddles suppliers.
Onix Pickleball Paddle Core OptionsThe majority of Onix paddles contain a polypropylene core which has been specially designed to provide power, durability, and control. As you flick through our best Onix pickleball paddles list, you will notice that almost all of our top-rated Onix paddles contain the same core. With that said, the hugely popular Onix Z5 features a Nomex core, so if you’re looking for a great paddle with a Nomex core then pick the Z5. The Onix React is a great hybrid containing a polypropylene core with a built-in Nomex inset. This hybrid design was created by Onix to give you the best of both worlds.
Onix Paddle Face OptionsWhen it comes to Onix pickleball paddle faces, the majority of paddles come with graphite or composite options. This includes the Onix Z5, Stryker 4, Evoke and more. The great thing about Onix is the paddle dimensions are very similar across composite and graphite options. This means you can make an easy selection between paddle faces based on preference.
Onix Wideboy OptionsOnix have some fantastic wideboy paddles available. The more popular wideboy options are the Onix Z5, Onix Voyager Pro and the Onix Outbreak. With that said, the Onix Evoke Premier features an 8″ wide face, meaning it can sit comfortably with these other wideboy options measuring over 8″ across the paddle face. For the best wideboy pickleball paddles, you’re comfortable picking any of the wide Onix paddles.
Best Value Onix Pickleball PaddlesIf you are looking for cheap pickleball paddles, the Onix Styker 4 is a great option. With that said, the majority of Onix paddles are priced competitively and affordably around the $100 price point. When it comes to value, it’s about comparing price with quality and return on investment. In our opinion, Onix pickleball paddles and equipment provide excellent value across the range. Just make sure that you pick a paddle that is right for your game, and that will improve you as a player. We hope our guide helps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are Onix Pickleball?
Onix Pickleball is one of the leading pickleball brands on the market. Onix Pickleball supplies both the general retail market, and some of the world’s best pro players with the best pickleball paddles, balls, bags and equipment. Not only are they responsible for pickleball paddles, Onix supply pickleballs at some of the leading Championships globally.
What is the best Onix Pickleball Paddle?
Choosing a pickleball paddle is always down to personal preference. Other factors like budget, playing style, and level also come into play. With that said, Onix currently has eight different pickleball paddle lines including Z5, Evoke, Voyager, Stryker, Outbreak and Fuse lines. One of the most popular and best pickleball paddles that Onix supply is the Onix Z5 Graphite Pickleball Paddle, however leading Pro’s also tend to favor the Onix Evoke Premier Paddle. Check out our list of the best Onix Pickleball Paddles for more details.
What is the core of an Onix Pickleball Paddle made from?
Onix pickleball paddles currently have five different core options. These include the Ribtec Core, Fusion Core, Polypropylene Core, Aluminium Honeycomb Core and the Nomex Honeycomb Core. The Onix Z5 Graphite Paddle has a Nomex Honeycomb Core, whereas the Evoke Premier has a Polypropylene Honeycomb Core. There are various different pros and cons of each paddle core. Check out our Onix Buyer’s Guide for more details.
What is the paddle face of an Onix Pickleball Paddle made from?
There are two options players have when choosing which type of paddle face they want on an Onix pickleball paddle. The majority of paddles come in either a graphite or composite option. On average, the composite paddles are heavier than the graphite equivalents and provide a different feel. Graphite pickleball paddles tend to have more ‘pop’ than composite pickleball paddles.
What are the benefits of Onix Pickleball Paddles?
There are so many benefits when picking an Onix pickleball paddle. Not only are Onix renowned for supplying a wide range of different paddle options to the market, you can customize your paddle to your needs based on the color, core and paddle face that you want to play with.